Complex Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
December 2-3, 2019
Carsten Perka, Germany
Bas Masri, Canada
This 2-day, advanced level course comprises seven modules of multiple topics, including dry bone exercises.
The course teaches current concepts in the treatment of patients with a need for revision or complex primary arthroplasty in the hip and knee.
Certified, experienced orthopedic surgeons who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in complex arthroplasty.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe a systematic clinical, laboratory, and radiographic evaluation in revision and complex primary arthroplasty
- Optimize preoperative planning
- Adopt a patient-centered approach
- Optimize patients preoperatively to reduce complications
- Describe and discuss safe and effective procedures for revision and complex primary arthroplasty
- Discuss the management of early and late problems or complications
- Communicate and facilitate a multidisciplinary team-based approach
- Apply best practice to optimize and document patient outcomes
This course is modular in structure and highly interactive. Short, evidence-based lectures cover the key information required. Moderated case discussions in small groups will expand on each topic and help participants to develop decision-making and surgical management skills.
Participants will have the opportunity to share their experience with peers and international faculty. All factors related to achieving the best possible outcomes in complex and revision arthroplasty will be covered.
- Indications for revision hip arthroplasty and patient optimization
- Revision arthroplasty of the hip
- Indications for revision knee arthroplasty and patient optimization
- Revision arthroplasty of the knee
- Complex primary total hip arthroplasty (THA)
- Complex primary total knee arthroplasty (TKA)
Pricing and payment
Credit card preferred
Invoice payment optional / additional handling fee of 30 CHF
50% of the course fee up to 30 days before the event. No refund thereafter.
Cancellation insurance recommended.
- Course bag
- Welcome cocktail
- Course material
- Coffee breaks
- Business center on-site
EUROPEAN CME ACCREDITATION
An application will be made to the UEMS—EACCME® in Brussels for CME accreditation of this event.