AOTrauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Upper Extremity I (Scapula–Clavicle–Humerus)
December 1-6, 2019
Hatem Said, Egypt
Michael Gardner, USA
This 5-day, Masters-level course comprises three 1-day modules. Participants also select two from a wide choice of 1-day self-directed learning modules.
The goal of this course is to increase knowledge and skills for managing difficult and complex cases. State-of-the-art techniques and approaches, best practices for treatment, and the management of complications will all be addressed at a high level.
Participants must have completed the AOTrauma Basic Principles and Advanced Principles courses. They must be actively involved in orthopedic trauma management and preferably have at least five years of experience post residency in trauma surgery. Participants must be willing to share their ideas and be able to communicate well in English.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the latest developments in the treatment of clavicular, scapular, proximal humeral, humeral shaft, distal humeral, and elbow injuries
- Select and perform fracture-specific approaches in the areas described above
- Analyze complicated clinical cases of these fractures and choose the optimal treatment strategy
- Integrate practical tips and tricks for fracture reduction and fixation techniques
- Identify the causes of failure and describe how to develop an appropriate salvage strategy
Current Concepts courses and modules address the latest techniques and best practices in operative fracture management to deal with complex orthopedic trauma problems. The course includes many case presentations and open group discussions moderated by experts in the field. Best evidence is presented through summary lectures and practical exercises, and simulations are integrated where appropriate.
Please find the course program on the upper right side of the page.
Pricing, Payment options and information
Credit card payments are preferred.
Cancellation will be charged as follows:
50% up to 30 days before the event. No refund thereafter.
Participants should make sure they have cancellation insurance.
If you cannot pay via credit card you can request an invoice. Please note that we will charge you a CHF 30 handling fee in addition to the participant fee. Please therefore contact us and indicate the official invoice address of the paying person or entity as well as a respective email address the invoice has to be sent to.
- Course bag
- Welcome cocktail / course reception
- Course material
- Coffee breaks
- Business center at course venue